- Expiry Date: 01 October 2023
Job Title: Network Engineer
Duration: 12+ months contract
Location: New York, NY Hybrid 3 days a week onsite.
Pay range: $68.00 - $69.00/ hr.
The client is a leading global investment bank and wealth management firm. The company makes revenue primarily from three main units: institutional securities, wealth management, and investment management. The firm's clients include corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals.
The candidate will be responsible for
- authoring of design documents, engineering standards and creates best practice technical architecture models utilizing knowledge of industry and technical trends
- mentoring and knowledge transfer to team members across the organization.
- participating in the weekly design meetings
- engaging with project managers to develop the execution and test plans for network changes.
- serve as an escalation for the operating teams during network outages. Ability to work both independently and as a team member is essential. Strong presentation skills are imperative to be able explain network design, articulate risk, and facilitate decision making.
- Strong security focus and experience with Network Security Concepts and Multi-tier Security architectures.
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience with a Financial Services Firm, Technology vendor or systems integrator designing, and implementing large scale networks
Expert Level Technical Skills Required
- Ethernet technologies: SPT, 802.1Q, VPC, Multilayer Switching; Leaf-Spine IP Fabric
- IP Routing: RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPBGP, TCP/IP
- Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDP
- Platform knowledge on Cisco Switching & Routing Platforms
o Nexus 9000 Series Data Centre Switching PlatformoASR 1000x Series Routers
o ASR 9000 Series Routers
- Platform Knowledge on Arista Switching platforms
- Working knowledge on various Network OS
o Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NXOS, IOS-XR
o Arista EOS
- Ability to use Microsoft applications such as Visio, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Proficient in UNIX or Linux
- Certifications: CCIE or equivalent
- Experience with scripting/automation using Python / Ansible is a strong plus.
- Tools: DNA Center, Wireshark, Infoblox, HPNA, Splunk, Sevone, Ansible, Netconf is a plus
- WAN technologies: SONET/SDH, MPLS, Classic TDM
- Working knowledge on SDN, SDWAN, DMVPN
- Sound knowledge in public cloud, Kubernetes, storage over IP and VMWare
- Strong sense of security concept include defense in depth, zero trust networking, least privilege principle, risks and controls.
About ASK: ASK Consulting is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Consulting connects people with amazing opportunities
ASK Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.