When you love your job, it gives you a sense of purpose and joy. Going to work every day isn’t such a chore, and you get inspired when you talk about work with other others. However, not everyone feels like this. Why do some people truly love their jobs while others don’t?
The answer lies in finding work that aligns with your values and interests, as well as feeling supported in your position and seeing the impact of your work. When these elements come together, a job can become something to look forward to each day.
It's important to assess if the job you have is the right fit for you. Consider the type of role you have, the company’s culture, and the tasks you complete each day. Ask yourself if your job gives you a sense of purpose, challenges you, and helps you grow. In addition to this, you must know your values and goals. Carefully think about the type of work that excites you. What kind of impact do you want to make? Create a concrete list of values and goals that will keep you on track and true to yourself.
"I love my job because...I get to do a happy dance every time my candidate accepts an offer! It is always a team effort and I feel so supported by my ASK teams. Without us working together the way we do, our success would not be half what it is. It is so fulfilling to help our candidates score their dream job. " -Natalie, Account Manager
Having a job you enjoy increases morale and productivity, and makes a huge impact on your overall wellbeing. Is the job you have truly making you happy? If the answer is no, think about other opportunities you could pursue to make meaningful changes.
"I love my job because I get to work with some of the best people this industry has to offer. Together, we are adding value and creating amazing experiences for our clients and consultants." -Mike, Director of National Accounts
Want to know why people enjoy the jobs they have? It can be a complex question but many of the factors that lead to a love of one's job fall into a few main categories.
• Feeling appreciated: Feeling acknowledged and appreciated by one’s employer is important. Whether it be through recognition, extra perks, or fair wages, employees should feel like their efforts are recognized and valued.
• A sense of meaning: People want to feel like their work has a positive impact on the world. This could be through innovation, helping a team in their success, or making a positive difference in the community.
• Job security: Knowing that one’s job is stable and there is a base for the future can provide great motivation and give employees the confidence to take risks and create opportunities.
• Transparency: When goals and expectations are clearly outlined, employees are able to manage their time and workload more effectively, improving their overall performance and satisfaction.
• Quality colleagues: Having quality relationships with colleagues makes work more enjoyable and motivating. From getting a helping hand, to improving team spirit and collaboration, having quality colleagues can make work an enjoyable experience.
These are just a few reasons people may love their jobs. At the end of the day, each individual is motivated by their own set of factors that make going to work a pleasant and rewarding experience. Remember, life is too short to be unhappy at work. Find a role you love and it will pay off in so many ways!
"I love my job for the ability to help someone fulfill the want of a new job." -Claire, Client Solutions Manager
“I get to be in our candidate’s corner and make an impact on people’s lives” -Andre, Client Development Manager